web analytics

Urine treatment: Can your urine be beneficial for your body?

0
July 13, 2016 at 4:33 pm  •  Posted in Beauty, Natural Remedies by  •  0 Comments

share

Peeing in the shower prevents foot fungus for Madonna. Improves Gwyneth Paltrow’s  sex life.

Those who drink their own urine explain that the so-called “golden elixir” is “biodynamically available.” Or, being (re) known from your body is easily absorbable without energy expenditure. Also it would provide many vitamins and minerals to your body already refined and processed. There are some who, instead of drinking it – its flavor is not as strong as one might think, but a little ‘sweet and a bit’ salty – apply it topically on the skin, for example, to counteract blemishes. But first things first: the use of urine, or urine treatment, has ancient origins.

urine therapy

The ancient Aztecs used it topically, to disinfect wounds, practice also used in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine. Now about most recent examples: years ago in the David Letterman show, Madonna confessed that she pees in the shower to avoid getting fungus on her feet. The topical use is scientifically proven: urea, contained in many ointments, due to its keratolytic properties, cures acne, eczema and psoriasis. This confirms also Coen Van Der Kroon, the author of The Golden Fountain: The Complete Guide to Urine Therapy (Editions the Meeting Point), book in which he suggested washing your face with your first urine of the day, namely richer in nutrients and antibodies.

Urine treatment: Can your urine be beneficial for your body?

But, is it good to drink your own urine according to science? It seems not, scientists say that it has no beneficial effect on your health. Indeed, although it is composed to 95% water, the remaining 5% are metabolic waste substances that may cause serious problems. “The kidneys filter the blood and excess fluids which are expelled. The goal is to rid the body of the things it does not need. Why would you reenter them again in your body? The only case in which this practice is medically recommended is when you remain without food or water for several days, “says Zaki Almallah, consultant urologist at the BMI Priory Hospital in Birmingham in marieclaire.co.uk.

While waiting for new scientific answers whether urine treatment can be beneficial or not, perhaps we can follow the advice of Gwyneth Paltrow (goop.com) “When in the shower, crouch and make a pee. This practice will train the muscles of your pelvic floor, greatly improving your sex life.” We just have to try!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags: urinotherapy

Leave a Reply